“COBB Tuning releases self-tuning software to Civic Si AccessPORT owners
COBB Tuning announces the release of AccessTUNER Race Beta for the AccessPORT-equipped Honda Civic Si. The AccessPORT is the only hand-held OEM ECU flashing, managing and monitoring device available for the 2006-2009 Honda Civic Si. When combined with AccessTUNER Race software, the result is an unrivaled, self-tunable engine management system with all of the sophistication and drivability inherent to the factory ECU.
This initial release of AccessTUNER Race provides full support for Naturally Aspirated Honda Civic Si’s. Full access to fuel, ignition, intake camshaft phasing, DBW throttle, VTEC window, knock sensitivity, intake air temp and engine cooling temp tables allow complete tuning customization. Take advantage of the efficiencies gained with aftermarket intakes, headers, exhausts, cams and other bolt on modifications to extract the maximum power available. Further customization allows the user to set the launch control RPM, rev limiter and speed limiter to their personal preferences.
Software features include:
- Integral Data logging: Unlimited data logging of multiple channels of data from the ECU for detailed analysis of engine performance.
- Integral Dashboard: Shows tuner chosen gauges to be displayed on-screen throughout the tuning process.
- Unit Conversion: Ability to easily convert between metric and standard units so the tuner can use units he/she is most familiar with.
- Map Database: Free access to a map database from COBB Tuning that provide excellent starting points for specific modifications.
- Hot Keys: Convenient on-touch short-cut keys allow easy data manipulation of common tuning operations
- Open WBO2 Interface: Integrates with a wide selection of Wideband O2 sensors
- Embedded Stock Data: Stock tuning data (ROMs) are self-contained inside the software itself, providing the OEM baseline tune for each vehicle supported by the software
- Includes full Tuning Guide and Worksheets to help tuners with data analysis and creating new maps
- Free software updates
Ongoing developments for DTC code elimination and Forced Induction tuning are well underway and updates to the software will be available in the near future. Enhancements will include eliminating O2 sensor codes, supporting multiple brands of upgraded MAP sensors, support for larger fuel injectors, Speed Density (MAP Only) tuning logic and Hybrid Mode (active stock MAF+MAP vs. MAP only logic switching) tuning logic.
To download AccessTUNER Race, visit CobbTuning.com – AccessTUNER Race – BETA Release and fill out the survey. You will be required to enter the serial number of your AccessPORT. Once the information in the survey is filled out, the software will be made available for download within 24 hours. Get a head start on tuning by downloading the Honda Civic Si Tuning Guide to brush up on the critical aspects of tuning for maximum power and reliability.
AccessTUNER Race Beta currently operates on Windows XP and Windows Vista 32-bit operating systems.
With the robust interactive features of the AccessPORT, extensive software and service based tuning options and outstanding COBB Tuning customer support, it is easy to see why the COBB AccessPORT is the top engine management choice for Honda Civic Si enthusiasts. Access the Potential of your Civic Si today!” – COBB Tuning